“Nick Cobbing’s pictures were an inspiring reference point through our
research & filming in Greenland
for Frozen Planet”
- BBC Producer
Nick Cobbing is a photographer driven by a curiosity about the natural world. He photographs wild landscapes, making stories which explore our relationship and connection with what we call ‘nature’. He has worked extensively in the Arctic and Antarctica on the themes of science and climate change.
He is a contributing photographer to National Geographic Magazine and has also worked with Geo (Germany), The Sunday Times and the BBC. His work has been recognised by many international awards, including World Press Photo, Pictures of the Year and American Photography.
His work has been exhibited widely in galleries and to policy-makers at the Stockholm Parliament and The United States Capitol. He has made films, commissioned by Look Three Festival of Photography and National Geographic Magazine.
He currently lives in Stockholm, Sweden.
• NPPA Best Of Photojournalism 2010, environmental story
• World Press Photo 2009, nature, singles
• American Photography 26 2009 (selected book)
• Webby Awards 2008 best use of photography (nominee)
• American Photography 25 2008 (selected web)
• American Photography 24 2007 (selected book)
• Photo District News 2007 best website
• NPPA Best Of Photojournalism 2007, best website
• Pictures Of the Year 2006, science and natural history
• National Geographic Magazine
• Geo (Germany)
• Sunday Times Magazine
• New Scientist
• The Guardian
• Science Illustrated
Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, Business Week, Outside, Le Monde, Stern, Der Spiegel, Time, Newsweek, La Republica, Australian Geographic, Traveller, VSD, WWF, UNEP, Defra, Cape Farewell and Greenpeace International.